Hello! Here's the work that I managed to eeek out around doing nails and life in general on Tuesday and Wednesday. By the way, my Aqualina doll made it into the March edition of Doll Collector magazine, Scott publications.!! She was only my second doll I ever made!!! I'm happy!
I'll summerize here and then add the pictures as I'm in a hurry to get ready and go to a homebound clients house for her nails. I attached the baked loose fingers and baked the grouping of toes into raw clay lumps and modeled them into hands and feet. I attached one hand into bent wire and fashioned her right arm which will be bent with the hand resting over the heart. I adddd more clay to the upper and lower legs and added the knees. So both legs are roughed out but no clay attaching it to the hip joint yet which means I still can be flexible on the final leg position. I added a bit more clay to her front sides and back, and decided in her haed position so I attached the head to the shoulders by adding the neck. Somewhere along the line I cut off her nose (to spite her face....lol lol), because I think her nose was too low and I'm still gonna bring the top half of her face out a bit when I get the material for the eyes. That is pretty much it! More to follow, and I hope I'm helping others figure out nhow to build a nice polyclay figure! Here are a few key pics, and the link to all the pics taken from the start!