Saturday, January 29, 2011

One of a kind Kim Kardashian Doll on Ebay, only 2 days left!

2 days left on Ebay listing of my OOAK Steampunk Kim Kardashian Sculpture

Continuing on with #11

So continuing on I could see I wanted to bring forward all the area around the lips...
So here I'm adding extra clay to those areas and also the forehead...

I could see I needed to bring the nose out farther too..
So here the whole bottom half of the face I filled in..
So I got it to this point, after working on it for about an hour from the last photo, and then took this pic, and then disaster!  I dropped the camera on her face!! Heartbreaking! This is what THAT looks like....

So, poor baby, another hour later I got her to this point and put a bit of color on her.  So ....

The next pis are after adding some color and baking.

I am waiting to go on with the eyes, I have ordered some eye gloss, and need to slip some eyes in there, after I make them.  Until then she'll have to look like a horror movie!  So at, this point I've brought the blog up to real-time.  I will work more on her body tomorrow, and will post when I can.  For today I have a few hours before I start hosting karaoke!!  lol   
# 11 To Be Continued....

Friday, January 28, 2011

Needed to adjust the placement and proportion dolls tend to end up with nice faces, but they do go through a bunch of awkward stages!!

I added more clay and need to smooth  it out at this point, and I forgot to go into a picture program and rotate, so I will post more tomorrow!

Started my next doll, #11, 2011

 If the face is sad enough, I think I'ds like to make a sad hearted jesterish clown doll.....not sure yet, but I'm taking a slew of pictures, here are a few, and will post a link to a full album when I'm finished with her.

So far here I have a tightly scrunched up piece of aluminum foil covered with floral tape, and attached a aluminum wire onto the head and fashioned an armature and wrapped that with the floral wire.

Here I've started the face and covered the non joint section of the arms and legs, bulked uoi the chest waist and buns with floral tape, and covered the chest buns and pelvic area, and baked.

Worked on the face after the first bake, and added more to the legs 

The underlayment of the arms got scorched pretty good, so I broke those off...I'll be more careful to cover the areas that I am not adding to on any particular baking.  They stay pretty much the same when you wrap wet paper toweling around the already baked parts.

This is before the bake, and below is after the bake....just worked on the face.  I will mostly work on the face until I like it.  Another thing is I will keep thinking about how I want to pose her.  By keeping the joints, and the waist open and without clay, it's possible to keep poising her until you find exactly what you want. 

Here she is after the bake.  I was looking for a prettier and sadder look, so I'll be working the face still.  I also can see that with my mix of clay I have lines of a brownish frost here and there, as if the clay wasn't mixed good enough, so I hope by mixing more I can get this mix to be even.  If not, well, I don't want to think about that!  lol   Have to take my Mom to the beauty shop!!  More later!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

One of my dolls got published in Doll Collector Magazine

Doll Collector Magazine (formerly Contemporary Doll Collector Magazine put out by Scott Publications) had emailed me a while back and said that one of the dolls that was in the slew of pictures that I sent to them, was making the Feb/Mar Issue in the Fantasy Round-up Section.  I can't wait to see which one...I've ordered the subscription after they told me I was making it in the next issue too!!!!  Here is a link to their website....

So I started another doll......2BCont'd